Why Hardwood or Tile?
If tile flooring or hardwood flooring options have been recommended to you, you might have asked yourself this question. Hardwood and tile floors truly add to the beauty and overall environment of your home, giving it a clean, modern, and sleek appearance. Your hardwood and tile flooring investment provides you with many benefits!
- Versatile: Tile and hardwood floors are very versatile and can be used with any type of décor or style.
- Durable: Generally, hardwood and tile floors cost more than carpeted floors, but they also last longer and can be repaired instead of replaced. Beyond surface appearances, high quality porcelain floor tiles are very durable and resistant to impact, chemicals, water absorption, staining, and scratching.
- Low-Maintenance: Hardwood and tile floors are easier to clean than many other types of flooring. Today’s modernized flooring finishes, tile sealers, epoxy grouts, etc. are easier to maintain and more beautiful than ever. In the past, hardwood flooring and tile required waxing, physical labor, and a long cleaning process. However, the wood and tile floor finishes available today are a higher quality and trouble-free. Comparatively, hardwood floors and tile require minimal care in terms of both effort and equipment. Consider simply the difference in price between a mop and vacuum. Hardwood floors and tile are also much more resistant to spills and stains.
- Healthy: Tile and hardwood floors repel pollen, mold, house-dirt, and pet dander. These flooring materials are hypoallergenic, hygienic, and can make life easier for those suffering from allergies and asthma, particularly in the kitchen, bathroom, and living areas. This is certainly a selling point with any home buyer.
Hardwood Floors: A Worthwhile Investment
Wood floors are beautiful and offer a variety of design and environmental benefits:
- Renewable: Trees can be replanted to replace those harvested. In the U.S., for every tree harvested, another 1.66 is planted, which means standing volume is significantly greater today than just a few decades ago.
- Sustainable: Because wood floors can last for many generations, they require fewer raw materials, and produce less landfill waste, than other flooring options. When maintained properly, they can last hundreds of years, providing a great long term value. Wood floors can last for the lifetime of your home.
- Recyclable: When they reach the end of their service life, they can be recycled for other uses or burned as fuel.
- Desirable: Homes with wood floors sell faster and for more money than homes without wood floors. Real estate agents indicate that identical homes with wood floors can sell for up to 10% more!