Hardwood floor installation in Aurora is basically synonymous with stylish interiors these days and you already know that your floors require special care compared to other flooring choices. However, there are a few things you are doing on daily basis that are gradually ruining your floors without even realizing it.
- Skipping The Welcome Mat
- Walking in from the street and onto your hardwood floors is equal to having sandpaper on the bottom of your shoes.
- Trying To Keep Your Throw Rugs In Place
- It is important to resist the urge to tack them down with double-sided tape. It can stick to a hardwood floor and it is almost impossible to get off. That goes for sticky, cushiony mesh-style rug pads too. Try a rug pad made of natural materials and make sure it doesn’t have a sticky finish.
- Skipping Furniture Pads
- When you sit down on the couch, if it is not on a rug, it is going to slide a little bit making for some obvious aggressive wear right where the foot of the couch is. Buying two-inch rubber disks that are not for the moving of furniture will keep the couch from sliding around.
- Mopping The Wrong Way
- A lot of people mop with too much water and the more that water seeps down into the seams of your floor and builds up under your floor can cause negative movement.
- If you let maintaining the floor go too long all of a sudden a high-traffic area where there was no rug will be worn away.
Urban Design Floors is more than a quality company, we are a tradition. Whatever your hardwood flooring needs are, we can expertly install or refinish your existing floor to keep your home looking like new day after day. Call us today!