Choosing the type of hardwood floor that best fits your space is an important step in planning your Aurora hardwood floor installation. Don’t confuse the floor type with the wood variety. Let’s discuss the three main types of hardwood floors to consider:
- Solid Wood Flooring
- Solid wood flooring comes in three main types. Each type is available in both an unfinished and a pre-finished version. Unfinished flooring must be sanded and finished after the installation. Pre-finished flooring is sanded and finished after installation. Pre-finished flooring is sanded and finished at the factory.
Three Main Types Of Solid Wood Flooring Are:
- Strip Flooring
- This type of flooring is denoted by the thickness and width of the wood planks. Strip flooring has a set width, but the thickness can vary. It ranges from 5/16 to ¾ of an inch wide.
- Plank Flooring
- Plank flooring only comes in two thicknesses, but unlike strip flooring, the widths can vary. It is only available in thicknesses of ½ inch or ¾ inch and can range from widths from three to eight inches.
- Parquet Flooring
- Parquet floors have a very different look from typical hardwoods. They are made up of geometrical patterns composed of individual wood slats held in place by mechanical fastening or an adhesive.
- Engineered Wood Flooring
- Do not confuse this with laminate flooring. Engineered flooring is produced by adhering layers of plastic laminate that veneer with real wood. The main difference between this type of wood and laminate flooring is that laminate flooring contains no actual wood.
Urban Design Floors specialists can install all types of hardwood flooring. Our hardwood floor installation experience is sure to put your mind at ease. You are safe in the hands of our expert installers. We also specialize in repairs and refinishing services. Call us today.